Exciting news! Newly-engaged couples looking to bring their guests somewhere completely new for their destination wedding have a luxurious option as of February 2017: Royalton Saint Lucia Resort and Spa. Saint (or St.) Lucia is known for romance, but this is one of the only new builds on this lush island and one of the only resorts with a modern look and feel.
The location looks just like a postcard— the resort sits in a private cove surrounded by rolling green hills on either side. Perfect for photos (or Instagram, or Snapchats. We don’t judge.) the resort’s delightful tropical decor and elegant design is around every corner. The entrance alone features a welcoming open concept with contemporary fountains and an incredible view of the ocean. Wedding party photo location? Check.
For when you start tackling your guest list, the resort has separate sections that might make your job a little easier. This is one of the only locations in Saint Lucia where couples can stay in an adults only area (Hideaway) while guests with kids can stay in the main section of the resort. A pirate-themed splash park will make sure the flower girl and ring bearer have as much fun on their wedding vacation as the adults.
Our Favourite Wedding Venues
While the idea of wedding crashers makes an excellent movie, in reality, those unwanted resort guests wandering in during the best man speech isn’t quite as entertaining. This is just one of the many perks of hosting your wedding at the Sky Terrace. Located above the Grazie Italian restaurant, this private terrace is designed with stunning architecture and a view that will allow your guests (and photographer, let’s be real) an uninterrupted view of the sunset.
This venue offers an exclusive feel and private bar so your guests can get the perfect cocktail without a long walk or lineup. New for Royalton Resorts, this sky terrace’s location allows for plated meals as opposed to buffet-style dinners. Embracing the latest trends, late night snack add-ons include items popular on Pinterest including gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches and mini burgers.
Beaches and destination weddings go hand-in-hand, and with Royalton Saint Lucia’s beautiful setting this option is a no-brainer. Perfect for intimate or boho weddings, this venue option can be as laid back or glammed up as you like. Aisle runners, seat décor, and extra flowers can all be arranged (extra costs may apply some extras are included depending on your package) by your destination wedding planner.
The Inside Scoop:
- There are multiple ceremony options available including symbolic, Hindu, Jewish and Catholic.
- The on-site Royal Spa has a bridal suite for the bride and bridesmaid’s hair and makeup appointments the day of the wedding.
- If you want to check out the resort before you make your final call, the bride and groom can get 3 nights back on the bridal suite if you book the wedding after your site visit.
- Cx Culinary Experience is perfect activity for small groups and features multiple gourmet courses with wine and beverage pairings. We love this experience for a rehearsal dinner or special treat for the wedding party and parents. This is not included in the resort’s all-inclusive experience and requires an extra cost.
- The bride and groom can book a private cabana the day after the wedding where they can order private breakfast and spend the day relaxing after the “I do”.
Your destination wedding planner can help you arrange any of the details above and provide you with package details for weddings at this resort. Call 1.800.739.8876 or email for more info.